Two Youth Die of Drug Overdose Allegedly at a Party in Bengaluru, Another Critical
On Monday, the duo complained of uneasiness and were rushed to a private hospital where they passed away on Tuesday.
Bengaluru: Two youth died after alleged drug overdose in Bengaluru on Tuesday, while another is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
The deceased have been identified as Abhilash, 23, and Gopi, 32.On Monday, the duo complained of uneasiness and were rushed to a private hospital where they passed away on Tuesday. The police said the three youth had consumed Tydol, a painkiller.
The three youth are residents of Kodandaramapura near Vyalikaval in Bengaluru and are suspected to have taken the drugs at a party.
"Prime facie investigation reveals that three had consumed Tydol. We will have more details only after conducting the chemical analysis test," said Chetan Singh Rathore, DCP, Central Bengaluru.
The probe in the case is on and the police are waiting to take the third person’s statement.
"The third person is not in a condition to talk. We can confirm only after taking his statement," Rathore said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shweta Basu Prasad Announces Separation from Husband Rohit Mittal in Less Than a Year of Marriage
- Shah Rukh Khan Opens up About Giving Flops Lately, Says We Just Made Bad Films
- Sonakshi Sinha on Possibility of Female Version of Dabangg: There's Still a Long Way to Go
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway
- 'A Huge Day' - Pakistan Welcome Sri Lanka for First Test Tour Since 2009 Terror Attack