Uber Taxi Driver Attacked on Head With Iron Rods by 2 Passengers in Kerala
The injured driver was left bleeding on the roadside. The car was later found abandoned near Kalady in Ernakulam district.
The injured driver was left bleeding on the roadside. The car was later found abandoned near Kalady in Ernakulam district,.
Thrissur (Kerala): An Uber taxi driver in Kerala was attacked on the head with an iron rod by two people who had hired the vehicle, before they escaped with the car early on Tuesday, police said.
The injured driver was left bleeding on the roadside. The car was later found abandoned near Kalady in Ernakulam district, they said.
The Highway police, who were on patrol duty, saw the driver, 32-year-old Rajesh, and took him to the hospital.
The incident occurred around one am Tuesday, they added. Rajesh said two people had booked the vehicle for a journey to Puthukkad.
When the taxi reached Amballur, they attacked the driver and left him on the road, before fleeing from the spot with the vehicle. One of the two men allegedly hit Rajesh's head. He was threatened with his life and asked to leave the vehicle.
The Highway patrol police chased the vehicle and the accused abandoned the car and fled the vehicle at Kalady.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma Tells Akshay Kumar 'My Good News is Coming Before Yours' in Fun Twitter Exchange
- Venice Regional Council Floods Minutes After Rejecting Steps to Combat Climate Change
- WhatsApp Getting New Facebook Branding; But Still no Dark Mode For The Rest of us
- Hong Kong Open: PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap Crash Out in Second Round
- Very Few World Class Bowlers in Test Cricket Now: Sachin Tendulkar