Ukranian Passenger Suffers Heart Attack on Board Qatar Airways Flight, Dies
Airport sources said the crew had carried out pulmonary resusication, but to no avial. The flight landed in Hyderabad at 3:25 AM and the patient was seen by the doctor at the airport.
Representative image (Photo courtesy: AFP Relaxnews)
Hyderabad: A 69 year-old Ukranian suffered a cardiac arrest and collapsed on board a Doha-Bangkok flight, prompting the crew to divert the aircraft to the airport here, where doctors declared him brought dead,airport sources said here on Tuesday.
Galyna Konkina, who had a history of heart ailment and undergone a bypass surgery 20 years ago, was found 'unresponsive and unconsious' in the flight at 1.30 AM, following which the Qatar Airways flight landed at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport here about two hours later.
Airport sources said the crew had carried out pulmonary resusication, but to no avial. The flight landed here at 3:25 AM and the patient was seen by the doctor at the airport.
The patient was declared brought dead due to cardiac arrest, the sources said. Qatar Airways in a statement confirmed "with deep regret," the death of the passenger on board the flight.
The airline offered its condolences to the family of the deceased passenger.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone’s Witty Response to Fan Saying ‘I love you’ to Ranveer Singh Goes Viral
- Enjoying Retired Life, Don't Want to Play Throughout Year: Yuvraj Singh
- Heartbreaking Video of Man Feeding Water to Burnt Koala is Symbol of Australia's Bushfire Crisis
- Exclusive | WWE Star Charlotte Flair Opens Up on Rivalry-Friendship with Becky Lynch and Why She Can't Resist Indian Food
- Yuvraj Singh Wishes Sania Mirza On Birthday With Quirky Post, Her Reply Will Leave You in Splits