Unnao Murder Case: Delhi Court Defers Judgment to Wednesday
The rape survivor's father had died on April 9, 2018, in judicial custody. District judge Dharmesh Sharma deferred the judgment, which will now be pronounced on Wednesday.
File photo of former BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar, in Lucknow.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday deferred to next week its judgment in the murder case of the father of the woman who was raped by expelled BJP leader Kuldeep Singh Sengar in Uttar Pradesh' Unnao three years ago.
The rape survivor's father had died on April 9, 2018, in judicial custody. District judge Dharmesh Sharma deferred the judgment, which will now be pronounced on Wednesday. The court had on December 20 sent Sengar to jail for the "remainder of his natural biological life" for raping the woman in 2017 when she was a minor.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Madonna Uses Late Ex Co-star's Death As Reminder Of COVID-19 Severity
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Circus' to Return to Doordarshan After Ramayana and Mahabharat
- Keep Calm and Watch Ramayan: Memes and Nostalgia Breaking the Internet After Episode 1
- Don't Wish to Work With Any Other Bigg Boss 13 Contestant Apart From Sidharth: Shehnaaz Gill
- Microsoft Xbox Series X Code Stolen in Cyber Attack on AMD, Reveals Company