Unnao Rape Accused Kuldeep Sengar was in Tis Hazari Lock-up when Clashes Between Police, Lawyer Broke Out
Besides Unna rape Sengar, there were around 140 other undertrials in the Tis Hazari lock-up when the clashes took place between police and lawyers over a parking.
File photo of rape accused MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar.
New Delhi: Expelled BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar, an accused in the Unnao rape case, was lodged in the lock-up at Tis Hazari court when the clash between lawyers and police personnel broke out last week, officials said.
Besides Sengar, there were around 140 other undertrials in the Tis Hazari lock-up when the clashes took place, they said. Sengar was brought from Tihar Jail, where he is currently lodged, to the lockup in the court on Saturday morning and then produced before the court at around 10:30 am for the hearing, said a lawyer.
Sengar was present in the courtroom of District Judge Dharmesh Sharma. He was taken out at around 7 pm when paramilitary forces arrived, the lawyer said. He returned to jail premises at around 8 pm, they said.
A parking dispute between an on-duty policeman and a lawyer triggered the clashes between the two sides on Saturday, leaving 20 security personnel and several advocates injured.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tik-Tok Prepares to Take On Instagram And Facebook With Shopping Links in Posts
- Jacqueline Fernandez Shares Concern over Delhi Pollution: Hope we Resolve This Crisis
- Someone Started a Petition Asking PM Modi to Impose Section 144 on 'Noisemakers' on TikTok
- From Jadon Sancho to Erling Haaland, 8 Players Manchester United Want to Sign
- Matthew Perry Thinks the Joker Copied Chandler Bing's Iconic Dance Moves in 'Friends'