'Unruly' Cabin Crew, Ground Staff May Join Proposed No-fly List
The government may include cabin crew and ground staff in the no-fly list if case of any unruly behaviour.
Picture for Representation. ( Photo: Reuters)
Bangalore: The government may include cabin crew and ground staff in the no-fly list in case of any unruly behaviour.
Aviation ministry sources said if airline employees' name may be included in the no-fly list upon a complaint by passengers.
Industry experts said the recent incident in the US where an United Airlines crew member assaulted a passenger, dragged him through the aisle and threw him out would be a perfect case to be included in a no-fly list.
The present draft on no-fly list only covers passengers.
On May 5, the Civil Aviation Ministry proposed a no-fly list to deal with unruly passengers in the wake of the assault incident involving Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad.
Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapati Raju had said: "The ministry has listed three levels to identify unruly behaviour."
Level 1: Disruptive behaviour like physical gestures, abusive language (suspension for 3 months)
Level 2: Physically abusive behaviour like pushing, kicking, sexual harassment etc.
Level 3: Life-threatening behaviour.
"The punishment has been divided into 3 categories. Level 1 is 3 months, Level 2 is 6 months, Level 3 is 2 yrs or more," he had said.
For effective implementation of the draft, the Centre has made some sort of identification mandatory either Aadhaar or passport number while booking even domestic tickets.
Recommended For You
- To Let Movie Review: A Pressing Social Issue Imaginatively Tacked with Singular Focus
- Beyonce, Kim Kardashian Better Watch Out as National Geographic Crosses 100 Million Followers on Instagram
- Sunil Grover to Come Back on The Kapil Sharma Show, Deets Inside
- Archana Puran Singh on Replacing Navjot Singh Sidhu on The Kapil Sharma Show: It's A possibility
- Samsung Galaxy S10e Vs OnePlus 6T: Is This The New Affordable Android Flagship Smartphone Battle?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s