UP CM Launches Mobile App for Police Verification for Issuance of Passport
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said the app would reduce the time taken in police verification.
Image for representation only.
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Saturday launched the 'MPassport Police Mobile App', which he said would reduce the time taken in police verification for issuance of passport.
He also said that such process should be adopted for police verification in other matters as well.
"Resolving the problems faced by common people through 'MPassport Police Mobile App' is a good effort. This will decrease the time taken in police verification during issuance of passport. Such processes should adopted for police verification in other matters as well," the chief minister said.
He also said there has been an annual saving of Rs 800 crore by using technology to ensure that foodgrains reach genuine beneficiaries of the public distribution system in the state.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria