UP Cong Leader Shot Dead by Unidentified People Over Alleged Property Dispute in Aligarh
The men, who are yet to be identified, reached Mohamed Farouk's office near Shamshad market under Civil Lines police station limits on two motorcycles around 8 pm on Tuesday, a senior police officer said.
Aligarh (UP): A local Congress leader has been shot dead in Uttar Pradesh's Aligarh district over an alleged property dispute, police said on Wednesday.
The men, who are yet to be identified, reached Mohamed Farouk's office near Shamshad market under Civil Lines police station limits on two motorcycles around 8 pm on Tuesday, said Superintendent of Police (City) Abhishek Kumar.
The attackers then barged into the office and fired several shots at Farouk, he said.
A crowd gathered outside Farouk's office, which is located in a busy area, after hearing the gunshots and nabbed one of the assailants. However, his associates opened fire, freed him and fled, the officer said.
Farouk was rushed to a hospital where he was declared dead, he added.
According to initial reports, Farouk was apparently killed over a property dispute, police said.
An investigation is underway and efforts are on to nab the assailants, the officer said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Christian Bale Opens-up on Why There Wasn't a 4th Dark Knight Film by Christopher Nolan
- Arhaan Khan Shares 'Love and Support' Note for Rashami Post Bigg Boss 13 Eviction
- Someone Started a Petition Asking PM Modi to Impose Section 144 on 'Noisemakers' on TikTok
- From Jadon Sancho to Erling Haaland, 8 Players Manchester United Want to Sign
- U-17 Women's Championship: Lynda Kom Stars as Lionesses Thrash Tigresses to Win Title