UP Cop, Two others Booked for Raping a Woman in Bareilly
Based on the complaint of a 21-year-old woman, Chief Judicial Magistrate Piyush Siddharth had directed registration of an FIR against Katai Mill police outpost in-charge Arun Kumar and two others for allegedly raping her.
Image for representation.
Bareilly: A case has been registered against a policeman and two others for allegedly raping a woman in Uttar Pradesh's Bareilly district, officials said on Wednesday.
The FIR was registered on Tuesday night on a court's direction. Based on the complaint of a 21-year-old woman, Chief Judicial Magistrate Piyush Siddharth had on Monday directed registration of an FIR against Katai Mill police outpost in-charge Arun Kumar and two others for allegedly raping her.
The woman alleged that she was raped by the three on August 21 and that the police did not act on her complaint.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Addiction: 25-Year-Old Suffers Brain Stroke While Playing Game, Dies
- Car Mishap: Shabana Azmi 'Stable', Driver Sustains Minor Injuries
- Rest Your Trailblazing Soul: Dwayne Johnson Pays Homage to Father Rocky
- 'Kambal Chor' Trends on Twitter as Videos of UP Police 'Stealing' Blankets from Protesters Go Viral
- Gustav Klimt's Solen Artwork Worth $66 Million Found in Wall of Art Gallery from Where it Went Missing