Four Detained in UP for Uploading Inflammatory Song on Social Media
The accused have a YouTube channel on which the song was posted, the matter is being investigated, Lucknow police said.
(Image only for representational purpose)
Lucknow: Four people were detained on Friday for allegedly uploading a song on social media that hurt religious sentiments, police said here.
They were booked under Indian Penal Code sections 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion) and 298 (uttering words etc with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings), Senior Superintendent of Police Kalanidhi Naithani said.
The accused have a YouTube channel on which the song was posted, police said The matter is being investigated, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]