UP Govt Contractor Shot Dead at Home, BJP MLA Booked for Alleged Link
The deceased's father said BJP legislator Indra Pratap was demanding extortion money from his son and had threatened to kill him.
Image used for representation.
Faizabad: A government contractor was shot dead at his residence on Saturday and police have booked the BJP MLA from Goshainganj for the alleged involvement in the crime, officials said. The BJP legislator Indra Pratap has denied any role in the killing.
The contactor, Ajay Pratap Singh (40), was killed at his residence in Kaushalpuri Colony around 4 pm, police said. Ajay's father Rajkumar Singh alleged that Pratap was behind the killing of his son.
Rajkumar filed a complaint with police alleging that Pratap had been demanding extortion money from his son and had threatened to kill him if he failed to pay up.
Faizabad Superintendent of Police Anil Singh said Pratap and two unidentified persons have been booked for murder under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code.
Pratap said he had "no connection with the incident". "It is a case of suicide and is being given a political colour. I demand a high-level, unbiased inquiry into this matter," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069