UP Govt Official Marries Woman Who Accused Him of Sexual Exploitation
the 35-year-old woman had filed a complaint against Hapur Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Dinesh Kumar. In her complaint, the woman had alleged that she underwent abortion twice.
Image for representation only. (Mir Suhail/ News18 Creatives)
Gorakhpur: A senior official in the Uttar Pradesh government married a woman, who had accused him of sexual exploitation, at a temple in neighbouring Kushinagar district, ADM Vidhyavasini Rai said.
On Friday, the 35-year-old woman had filed a complaint against Hapur Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Dinesh Kumar, accusing him of sexually abusing her for the last four years on the pretext of marriage, Rai said.
In her complaint, the woman alleged that she underwent abortion twice, Rai said.
Kumar, who was recently transferred to Hapur from Khadda, had come to Kushinagar on Friday to collect a few things from his house.
Based on the complaint, District Magistrate Anil Kumar Singh immediately ordered a probe into the matter, Rai said.
But around midnight, the two got married at Gayatri temple in Padrouna in the presence of Sadar SDM Ramkesh Yadav and Hata SDM Pramod Tiwari, the Kushinagar ADM said.
Kumar and the woman are natives of nearby villages in Azamgarh district, Rai added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Doesn't Jennifer Aniston Have a Better Phone Camera, Ask Fans After Viral 'Friends' Selfie
- Angry Customer Creates Hilarious 'Oyo Ruined My Anniversary' Website to Narrate Ordeal
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro