UP Govt Takes Back 25,000 Acre Land Allotted to Jaypee Group
The Uttar Pradesh government has taken back 25,000 acre of land allotted to the Jaypee group. The land was leased out to the Jaypee group in 1980 for establishing a cement factory in Sonebhadra district in UP.
UP forest department had raised objection to the land given to Jaypee group and alleged that the group was carrying out illegal mining in the area.
The matter was taken up in Supreme Court recently where a reply was sought from the UP government on the matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Karanvir Bohra Supports Sidharth Shukla, Says Asim Shouldn't Have Pushed Him
- Kamya Punjabi Trolled on Social Media, Beau Shalabh Dang Gives Befitting Reply
- Facebook Has Made a Meme App Called Whale, But What Exactly Would You do With it?
- Google Pixel's Call Screen Might Soon Start Screening Robocalls Automatically
- Ever Wondered How Old Your Dog Really Is? This Formula Could Help You Calculate Accurately