UP Health Minister, Who Attended Party With Singer Kanika Kapoor, Tests Negative for COVID-19
Jai Pratap Singh, 66, had gone into self-isolation after the test in Lucknow on Friday soon after Kanika Kapoor announced that she had tested positive for coronavirus.
Representative image (AP)
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Health Minister Jai Pratap Singh, who had attended a party with Bollywood singer Kanika Kapoor days before she tested positive for coronavirus, on Saturday tested negative for COVID-19, the King George Medical University here said.
The 66-year-old minister had gone into self-isolation after the test in Lucknow on Friday soon after Kapoor announced that she had tested positive for coronavirus.
"Uttar Pradesh Health Minister Jai Pratap Singh has tested negative for COVID-19," KGMU spokesperson Dr Sudhir Singh said.
"Samples of 28 people who came in contact with him have also tested negative," he said.
On Thursday, Singh was in Greater Noida to address a press conference to talk about the BJP-led state government's achievements over the past three years.
Three MLAs -- Pankaj Singh, Dhirendra Singh and Tejpal Nagar, some administration officials and several journalists who were present at the press conference also went on self-isolation after it became known that the minister had come in contact with Kapoor.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan's Humble Replies to Arvind Kejriwal and Aditya Thackeray Win Hearts
- Amber Fossil Shows Two Trapped Flies that Died while Mating 41 Million Years Ago
- Xiaomi Phones to Cost More: All The New Price Tags of Redmi Smartphones
- This Electric HM Ambassador Rendered by DC2 Makes Us Wish it Was a Reality
- Facebook Messenger Gets Windows And macOS Apps; Group Video Chats Will be Fun