UP Man Arrested on Charge of Cow Slaughter in Shamli District
Janab, alias lambu, was caught by a police team led by SHO Yashpal Sharma in a sugarcane field. Sharma said beef was recovered from the accused.
(Image only for representational purpose)
Muzaffarnagar: A man was held on the charge of cow slaughter at Shamli's Badhupur village, police said on Thursday.
Shamli SP Ajay Kumar Sharma said a police team led by SHO Yashpal Sharma overpowered Janab, alias Lambu, in a sugarcane field and arrested him after an exchange of fire.
He said beef was recovered from the accused. A pistol and several cartridges were also recovered from the accused, who was admitted to a hospital for the treatment of bullet injuries.
Two of his accomplices managed to escape. Janab was allegedly involved in several cases of cow slaughter and attempt to murder. A cash reward of Rs 20,000 has been announced for the police team.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How Zombieland Created a New Genre by Adding Humour and Subtracting Fear
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India