UP Man Kills Wife 'in Fit of Rage', Then Commits Suicide by Jumping in Front of Train
On Saturday night, Surajbhan Kesarwani had an argument with his wife Asha alias Rani (45) and in a fit of rage hit her with a blunt weapon, the police said.
Image for representation.
Banda (UP): A 50-year-old man allegedly killed his wife and later committed suicide by jumping in front of an express train in Uttar Pradesh's Chitrakoot district, police said on Monday.
On Saturday night, Surajbhan Kesarwani had an argument with his wife Asha alias Rani (45) and in a fit of rage hit her with a blunt weapon, they said.
Later that night, he fled home and committed suicide by jumping in front of the Mahakaushal Express near Piprawal Bridge, police added.
After ascertaining the man's identity, police reached his house early on Sunday morning to find his wife dead, they said.
Police added that Kesarwani ran a roadside eatery and was a drug addict.
The couple is survived by two sons and a daughter, who were at home when the murder took place but are said to be unaware of the incident, police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Former Girlfriend Says Arhaan Khan Didn’t Return Her Money and Lied About His Marriage
- Pulkit Samrat, Kriti Kharbanda Are Painting Social Media Red with Romantic Pics
- New Mobile Number Portability Rules Are in Place: Everything You Need to Know
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges
- Premier League: Chinese TV Pulls Arsenal Match after Mesut Ozil's Uighur Comments