UP Man on Dharna Since 1996 Booked for Hanging Underwear Outside Collectorate Office
A case under Section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC was registered against teacher Vijay Singh.
Image for representation.
Muzaffarnagar: A teacher, who has been on a sit-in protest here for more than 23 years over alleged land grabbing by a former legislator, has been booked for hanging his undergarments outside the Collectorate office, police said on Saturday.
A case under Section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC was registered against teacher Vijay Singh following a complaint by Nazarat in-charge of the Collectorate Sanjay Kumar, Station House Officer Sameypal Atri said.
Singh has reportedly shifted his dharna site after the authorities asked him to call off his protest and move away from the Collectorate premises.
He had started the sit-in protest at the site on February 26, 1996, against the alleged land grabbing by the former legislator.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Says 'Overworked And Underpaid' Describe Her Best
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Dalljiet Kaur First Contestant to be Evicted from Bigg Boss 13
- A 'Seven-Headed' Snake Skin Discovered Near Bengaluru Has Left Locals Curious
- HP Chromebook x360 Review: A Million Android Apps Make All The Difference