UP Man Poses as CBI Officer, Gets 2 Constables to Raid Traders
Several traders protesting outside the house where the raid was being conducted got suspicious and caught the impersonator as he was trying to escape.
News18 by creative Mir Suhail.
Muzaffarnagar: A man was arrested for allegedly impersonating a Joint Commissioner of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and conducting a raid at a trader's house in the New Mandi area here, police said on Sunday.
The accused even managed to get two police constables to accompany him during the raid conducted at the house of the trader, identified as Adesh Goel, they said.
Several traders gathered outside the house and protested against the raid. They also informed the police about the incident, apparently after they sensed something suspicious about the man who claimed to be a CBI official.
The man tried to escape but was caught by the traders who then handed him over to the police.
He had come in a car and was found carrying a forged identity card. The accused was arrested and is being interrogated, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried