UP Man Sentenced to Life for Killing Wife for Not Being Able To Give Birth
Amrita and Sunil have married 10 years ago. Her father had complained that she was constantly harassed by her husband for not being able to conceive, public prosecutor Jitender Tyagi said.
Muzaffarnagar: A court here on Wednesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing his wife for not being able to bear any child.
Additional District Sessions Judge Vir Nayak Singh also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on the convict Sunil Kumar, public prosecutor Jitender Tyagi said.
Kumar had on June 9, 2018, killed his wife Amrita in Chorawala village here.
A complaint was filed in Kakroli police station after the deceased's sister, who is married to the convict's brother Manoj, informed her father about the incident, the prosecutor said.
Amrita and Sunil have married 10 years ago. Her father had complained that she was constantly harassed by her husband for not being able to conceive, Tyagi said.
Recommended For You
- Kia Seltos Bookings to Start from Today, Launch in August
- Priyanka Chopra Takes Over the Mic From Nick Jonas to Sing 'Sucker' In Karaoke Session
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it
- Did It Because I was in Love, Says Anushka Sharma on Why She Married Virat Kohli at 29
- All Variants of The Apple iPhone XR Get Completely Sold Out on Day One of Amazon Prime Day Sale