0/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
UP Man Sentenced to Life for Killing Wife for Not Being Able To Give Birth
Amrita and Sunil have married 10 years ago. Her father had complained that she was constantly harassed by her husband for not being able to conceive, public prosecutor Jitender Tyagi said.
Muzaffarnagar: A court here on Wednesday sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing his wife for not being able to bear any child.
Additional District Sessions Judge Vir Nayak Singh also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on the convict Sunil Kumar, public prosecutor Jitender Tyagi said.
Kumar had on June 9, 2018, killed his wife Amrita in Chorawala village here.
A complaint was filed in Kakroli police station after the deceased's sister, who is married to the convict's brother Manoj, informed her father about the incident, the prosecutor said.
Amrita and Sunil have married 10 years ago. Her father had complained that she was constantly harassed by her husband for not being able to conceive, Tyagi said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami