UP Man Shoots Dead Both His Daughters Over Mobile Theft
Sukhdeo Sharma shot dead his two daughters Neha (20) and Anamika (18) on Wednesday after they were accused of stealing a mobile phone in a holi event in the village.
Image for Representation. (Image: Reuters)
Mainpuri: A man shot dead his two young daughters at his house in Dharau village here for their alleged involvement in a mobile theft, police said.
He later surrendered before the police.
The incident took place on Wednesday when Sukhdeo Sharma shot dead his daughters, Neha (20) and Anamika (18), after he recovered a stolen mobile phone from them, Superintendent of Police Ajay Kumar Sharma said.
The girls had participated in a 'Holi milan' programme in the village where a mobile phone was stolen and the two were named as accused in the theft.
After the incident, they surrendered to police and were arrested.
Sukhdeo was a mason and his economic condition was not good, the SP said.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- 15-year-old Esha Singh Becomes Young Indian Sportsperson to Contribute to Coronavirus Relief Fund
- Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive for Fourth Time, Leaves Family Concerned
- 'Every Donation Matters': PM Modi Lauds Man Who Donated Rs 501 to Coronavirus Relief Fund
- Alia Bhatt Shows Off Pet Photography Skills with Pics of Her Cat and Ranbir Kapoor's Dogs
- News and Live Videos are Important to Facebook Again, Due to Coronavirus