UP Man Takes Poison in Women Police Station After Wife Refuses to Live With Him
The man consumed poison in a police station during a heated mediation with the woman, who refused to live with him, and had filed a complaint against the man for harassing her over dowry demand.
Image for representation.
Muzaffarnagar: A man consumed poison in a women police station when his wife refused to live with him during mediation, police said on Sunday.
Pankaj Kumar (26) was rushed to a hospital in serious condition on Saturday, they said.
According to Station House Officer (SHO) Preeti Rani, Kumar was summoned by the police to attend the mediation in women police station.
"During hot arguments between husband and wife, he consumed poison after she refused to live with him," the SHO said.
According to sub inspector Mahipal Singh, the woman had filed a complaint against Pankaj for harassing her over dowry demand.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Woman Sets Fire to Creepy 'It' Clown Doll which Floated into Her Backyard
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]