UP Man Throws Toddler Daughter from Terrace After Wife Gives Birth to Second Girl
The toddler, Kavya, was seriously injured after the incident in Pardhauli village, under CB Ganj police station area here on Thursday and has been admitted to hospital.
Image for representation
Bareilly (UP): A man, desperate for a son, allegedly threw his 18-month daughter from the terrace of his home in an Uttar Pradesh village after his wife gave birth to another girl, police said Friday.
The toddler, Kavya, was seriously injured after the incident in Pardhauli village, under CB Ganj police station area here, Thursday and has been admitted to hospital.
Her father Arvind Gangwar, who was drunk at the time, has been arrested, officials said.
Villagers said that there was tension in the house since Arvind's wife gave birth to their second daughter five days ago.
On Thursday, an inebriated Arvind took his daughter to the terrace and threw her down.
SP (City) Abhimanyu Singh said the police inspector in-charge of the area filed an attempt to murder case after the family did not turn up for it.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- How Dare Someone Constantly Make Us Soft Targets: Karan Johar Reacts Angrily to Drug Party Claims
- Anushka Sharma's Gorgeous 'Sun-kissed' Pic Gets Most Romantic Comment from Virat Kohli
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships