UP Man Tries to Rape 15-year-old Niece, Kills Himself After Failed Attempt
The body of the man was found in a field in his village on Thursday. He allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison.
Muzaffarnagar: A 26-year-old man allegedly committed suicide after making an abortive bid to rape his minor niece in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh. He also injured her with a sharp object during the sexual assault bid, police said.
The body of the man was found in a field in his village on Thursday and prime facie it appears that he committed suicide by consuming poison, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Rajesh Kumar said.
On Wednesday, the man tried to rape his 15-year-old niece and injured her with a sharp object, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, the ASP said. The girl is undergoing treatment at a hospital. Kumar said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Says 'Overworked And Underpaid' Describe Her Best
- 'Such a Cute Ma Sita': People Can't Get Enough of Little Girl Dancing to Drum Beats
- Pune Electric Bus Seen Charging Through a Generator – That Runs on Diesel: Watch Video
- Copenhagen Climate Summit: Arvind Kejriwal Reiterates Focus on Electric Buses, Odd-Even Scheme
- Nokia 6.2 Launched in India at Rs 15,999: Everything You Need to Know