UP Police Seizes 1,000 Detonators, 5,000 Gelatin Rods in Jhansi, Four Arrested
The operation was conducted by the Anti-Terrorism Squad with the assistance of local police of Jhansi.
Image for representation.
A huge arsenal of explosives, including 1000 detonators and 5,000 gelatin rods were confiscated by the Anti-Terrorism Squad of Uttar Pradesh at Uldan in Jhansi on Sunday.
According to the news agency ANI, four people have been arrested in connection with the case and two vehicles were seized. The operation was conducted by the Anti-Terrorism Squad with the assistance of local police.
Sri Prakash Dwivedi, SP city, Jhansi told ANI that an FIR has been lodged and investigation is underway. "Huge explosive material has been recovered and two vehicles have been seized. Thousand gelatin cells and 5,000 rods were recovered. Four people are arrested. FIR is lodged in the case," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]