UP Shia Waqf Board Chairman Wasim Rizvi Donates Rs 51,000 for Ram Temple in Ayodhya
Wasim Rizvi said the Board favoured the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya and the Supreme Court judgment on the decades-old issue is the 'best verdict' that could have been possible.
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Shia Central Waqf Board chairman Wasim Rizmi on Thursday announced he is donating Rs 51,000 for the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya.
Rizvi said the Board favoured the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya and the Supreme Court judgment on the decades-old issue is the "best verdict" that could have been possible.
In a unanimous verdict, the Supreme Court last week cleared the way for the construction of a Ram temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya and directed the Centre to allot a separate five-acre plot to the Sunni Waqf Board to build a mosque.
"Now preparations are on for the construction of a grand temple at the Ram Janmasthan. Since Lord Ram is the ancestor of all of us, Muslims also, Rs 51,000 on behalf of the 'Wasim Rizvi Films' is being given to Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas towards temple construction," Rizvi said.
Whenever the temple is built, Shia Waqf Board will help in its construction, he said, adding Ram temple in Ayodhya is a matter of pride for 'Rambhakts' world over and also in India.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan and Her Father Take Dig at Rising Onion Prices, Watch Hilarious Video
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- You've Probably Listened to More 'Drake' in the Last Ten Years Than You Think
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- Reporter Catches Her Ex Cheating through an 'Unusual' Fitbit Activity at 4 AM