UP STF Arrests Kingpin of Interstate Drug Cartel
Acting on a tip-off, the special task force nabbed drug kingpin Rajesh Kumar Mishra at Aliganj crossing in Manikpur area of Pratapgarh district.
Image for representation.
Lucknow: The kingpin of an interstate gang of drug smugglers was arrested on Tuesday by the special task force of Uttar Pradesh police, an official statement said.
Rajesh Kumar Mishra, who was carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his arrest, operated a gang which supplied narcotics substances to eastern Uttar Pradesh from Odisha and Jharkhand, the STF statement said.
Acting on a tip-off, the special task force nabbed Mishra at Aliganj crossing in Manikpur area of Pratapgarh district, it stated.
A probe into Mishra's links is underway and efforts are on to elicit more information from him about the gang, the statement said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How Zombieland Created a New Genre by Adding Humour and Subtracting Fear
- Here's Why Aishwarya Rai is a Good Choice for the Hindi Version of Maleficent 2
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled: Here's All You Need to Know
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science