UP Woman Claims Husband Divorced Her over Phone Through 'Triple Talaq'
In a complaint, Taskeen claimed that her husband Talib was not supporting her financially and used to often beat her.
Badaun (UP): A middle-aged woman here has alleged that her husband gave her triple talaq over phone, a senior police official said on Tuesday. In a complaint given to SSP Ashok Kumar Tripathi, Taskeen claimed that her husband Talib was not supporting her financially and used to often beat her.
Taskeen, along with her four children, used to live in Kutrai village here, while her husband was working in Delhi. They got married 20 years ago. On August 24, her husband came home in her absence and took away all the household belongings. Later, he gave her triple talaq over phone, the SSP said, quoting the complaint.
He said directives were given to the Alapur Police to immediately register an FIR in this connection.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year