UP Woman Raped for Four Years with False Promises of Marriage, Probe on
The accused had allegedly withdrawn a bank loan of Rs 5 lakh in the name of the victim. The accused had even drawn up a contract to marry the girl but later retracted on his promise.
Chitrakoot (Uttar Pradesh): The Uttar Pradesh police on Wednesday booked a man for repeatedly raping a 23-year-old woman over four years with false promises of marriage.
According to the police, the accused had allegedly withdrawn a bank loan of Rs 5 lakh in the name of the victim.
Karvi Police Station Inspector-in-charge Anil Singh said that "the complainant had alleged that the youth has been raping her for the last four years on the pretext of marriage. He had also drawn up a contract to marry the girl, but later retracted on his earlier promise, and will be marrying another girl in February."
Further investigations are on, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shehnaaz-Rashami Compete with Sidharth-Asim on Bigg Boss, Richa Sharma Shares Pics of Kapil Sharma's Baby
- ISRO's VyomMitra Humanoid Robot Set For an Unmanned Trip Into Space: Watch Video
- Bigg Boss 13: Akanksha Puri Breaks up with Housemate Paras Chhabra?
- 'What's Your Take on CAA?' Fans Wanted Shah Rukh Khan to Break His Silence on #AskSRK
- Thailand Masters: Indian Campaign Over on Day 1 as Saina, Srikanth, Sameer and Prannoy Lose in Round 1