Updated: No, UP Govt Did Not Ban Mobile Phone in Colleges and Universities
The department has issued a clarification on its website.
(Representative Image, Reuters)
Uttar Pradesh's Directorate of Higher Education has denied reports that the state government banned the use of mobile phones in colleges and universities in the state. The department has issued a clarification on its website. News18.com had earlier carried the report by news agency IANS and we regret the error. The story has been updated.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Siddhant Chaturvedi Recalls Make Out Session With Gully Boy Co-Star Ranveer Singh
- WhatsApp Gets One Step Closer to The Dark Mode; New Beta Gets Dark Wallpaper
- Does Lionel Messi Really Have This Popular Comedian’s Face Tattooed on His Back?
- Pet Dog in Odisha Fights Cobra Before Killing it, Saves Family of Six
- Emotions Got the Better of Me: Raheem Sterling Admits after Being Dropped by England