Updated: No, UP Govt Did Not Ban Mobile Phone in Colleges and Universities
The department has issued a clarification on its website.
(Representative Image, Reuters)
Uttar Pradesh's Directorate of Higher Education has denied reports that the state government banned the use of mobile phones in colleges and universities in the state. The department has issued a clarification on its website. News18.com had earlier carried the report by news agency IANS and we regret the error. The story has been updated.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance
- Tik-Tok Prepares to Take On Instagram And Facebook With Shopping Links in Posts
- Jacqueline Fernandez Shares Concern over Delhi Pollution: Hope we Resolve This Crisis
- Someone Started a Petition Asking PM Modi to Impose Section 144 on 'Noisemakers' on TikTok
- 9-Year-Old Shatters Records by Catching Massive Blue Catfish Only to Release it Later