Upset by Mother's Scolding for Being Hooked to Phone, 20-Year-Old Sets Herself on Fire in Hyderabad
The B.Tech student was apparently upset after her mother questioned her over continuously talking and chatting on the phone, police said
Hyderabad: A 20-year-old B.Tech student allegedly committed suicide by setting herself on fire at her house in Shankarpally area here, police said on Sunday. She was apparently upset after her mother questioned her over continuously talking and chatting on the phone, they said.
The young woman, who was a second year student of B.Tech course, doused herself in kerosene and set herself on fire on Saturday when no one was present at her house, said Shankarpally police station inspector N Lingaiah. She died on the spot.
"On Friday, her mother asked her over her regular talking and chatting on phone suspecting that she is talking to her boyfriend. The mother took away the phone and found that her daughter was using a new SIM card, following which an argument ensued between them", Lingaiah said, adding that no suicide note was found.
The deceased was staying with her mother and brother. A case has been registered under section 174 of CrPC.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right