Upset over Daughter's Marriage, Haryana Man Dives Car with Wife And Son into Canal
The man drove the car into the canal on Sunday evening in Ronjawali village near Ratia town in Fatehabad district.
Image for representation.
Fatehabad (Hry): Upset over his daughter marrying against his wishes, a man in Haryana drove his car with his wife and son in it into the Bhakra canal, which killed all three, police said on Monday.
Niranjan Dass (40) was in the car along with his wife Neelam (38) and their 11-year-old son. He drove the car into the canal on Sunday evening in Ronjawali village near Ratia town in Fatehabad district, the police said.
Dass, who had a business of buying and selling old cars, was upset as his daughter got married to a man against the wishes of the family, they said. The bodies were recovered from the car, which was pulled out from the canal on Monday, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rohit Sharma's One-Handed Stunner to Dismiss Mominul Haque Inspires Hilarious Memes
- TV Actress Gehana Vasisth Extremely Critical, Hospitalised After Long Shift Without Proper Nutrition
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- How a 27-Year-Old's Initiative to Save Stray Dogs Landed Him a 'Dream' Job with Ratan Tata
- Tesla Launches Electric ‘Cybertruck' Inspired From Blade Runner Movie, Priced at $39,900