Upset Over Inaction Delhi Man Sets Himself on Fire inside Police Station, Saved
Rahul, a resident of Nangloi, alleged that in December he had filed a complaint against a person after he had a fight with him over Rs 60,000. The complaint was being handled by one of the ASI(s) of Nihal Vihar Police Station, an officer said.
New Delhi: Upset over police inaction, a 37-year-old man allegedly tried to commit suicide on Wednesday by setting himself on fire inside the premises of Delhi's Nihal Vihar Police Station, officials said.
Rahul, a resident of Nangloi, alleged that in December he had filed a complaint against a person after he had a fight with him over Rs 60,000. The complaint was being handled by one of the Assistant Sub Inspectors (ASI) of Nihal Vihar Police Station, a senior police officer said.
Upset over inaction in the matter, Rahul went to the police station around 2.30 pm with a bottle of petrol and set himself on fire in front of police personnel and others.
They managed to save him after covering him with a blanket.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he is being treated. He sustained burn injuries on his chest and face, the officer said.
A case has been registered and the ASI who was handling the complaint filed by Rahul has been suspended, police said.
Recommended For You
- With Thor-Love and Thunder Announced, Here's How Jane Foster Becomes Worthy to Wield Mjolnir
- Watch: Scary Video of Spider with a Human-like Face on its Back Goes Viral
- Neha Dhupia's 8-month-old Daughter Mehr Explains Monday Blues in the Most Adorable Manner
- Was a Brazil Priest Really Pushed Off Stage for Saying 'Fat Women Can't Go to Heaven'?
- German Woman Tries to Buy Audi Car with 'Monopoly' Money, Gets Busted