'Upset' over Unidentified Boys Celebrating her Birthday, MP Girl Allegedly Commits Suicide
Family members of the girl have also alleged some boys were harassing her on her way to school and claimed it was the same group that had turned up at the village uninvited to celebrate her birthday.
Image for representation.
Tikamgarh (MP): A 16-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide in Tikamgarh in Madhya Pradesh after getting upset over some unidentified boys celebrating her birthday in a crass manner, police said on Tuesday.
She hung herself in her home on Monday night in Tharbarana village, some 55 kilometres from the district headquarters, said Jatara police station in charge Anand Singh Parihar. "Some boys reached her village on December 22 and celebrated her birthday by playing loud music, dancing and announcing her name on the speaker. It upset her and it seems she took the extreme step after this incident," he said.
She is a Class X student and the boys are possibly from her school in a neighbouring village and efforts were on to identify them, the official added. Family members of the girl have also alleged some boys
were harassing her on her way to school, and claimed it was the same group that had turned up at the village uninvited to celebrate her birthday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- I-League 2019-20: East Bengal Fans Hold Anti-CAA, NRC Protest During Kolkata Derby
- 'Kambal Chor' Trends on Twitter as Videos of UP Police 'Stealing' Blankets from Protesters Go Viral
- Gustav Klimt's Solen Artwork Worth $66 Million Found in Wall of Art Gallery from Where it Went Missing
- Republic Day Offer: Four Asus Phones Get Discounts Upto Rs 4,000 in Flipkart Sale
- US Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley Becomes an Inspiration to All With Her Powerful Hair Loss Story