Upset with Husband for Not Attending Son's School Function, Guj Woman Jumps in Front of Train with 2 Kids
The woman, Surji Devi, jumped in front of Saurashtra Express along with her six-year-old son Krishna and three-year-old daughter Jhanvi. Their bodies were sent for post-mortem at a hospital.
Image for representation. (Image: Reuters)
Ahmedabad: Upset over a domestic issue, a married woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a moving train along with her two minor children in Bharuch district of Gujarat, police said on Sunday.
The two children also died in the incident which took place near the Ankleshwar railway station, around 200km from here, Saturday night, they said.
The woman, Surji Devi, jumped in front of Saurashtra Express along with her six-year-old son Krishna and three-year-old daughter Jhanvi, a Bharuch railway police official said.
The 28-year-old woman, who hails from Chitrakoot district of Uttar Pradesh, lived with her husband at Kosambi village near Ankleshwar, the official said.
She was upset after her husband, who works at a fabrication unit, refused to accompany her to attend their son's school function, he said.
"Primarily, a domestic dispute appears to be the reason behind the woman taking the extreme step. As per her husband, she was upset that he did not accompany her to attend their son's school function," the official said.
Their bodies were sent for post-mortem at a hospital in Ankleshwar and further investigation was on, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport