Upset With Parents, Two Class 5 Girls Ran Away from Home; Cops Rescue Them from Coimbatore Airport
The two girls came from Udumalpet to Coimbatore airport, travelling a distance of over 70 km. They purchased the tickets using their pocket money, a senior official said.
Representative image (Reuters)
New Delhi: Upset with their parents, two 10-year-old girls ran away from their homes in Tirupur to Coimbatore where they were rescued by CISF personnel, a senior official said.
On late Tuesday night, the girls who were school friends came to Coimbatore from Udumalpet (Tirupur), travelling a distance of over 70 km, he said.
Class 5 students used their pocket money to purchase bus tickets.
As they sat at the Coimbatore airport in their school uniforms looking lost, the Central Industrial Security Force personnel displayed the presence of mind and alerted the local police, he said.
The police contacted their parents and handed over the girls to them, he said.
They said they had run away from home as their parents were "not affectionate" towards them, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Shraddha Arya Suffers Head Injury While Performing on Nach Baliye 9, Actress Momentarily Blacks Out
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Netflix Reveals Why Pankaj Tripathi Was the Perfect Choice for 'Guruji' in 'Sacred Games' 2
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships