US Denies Visa to Two Kashmiri Athletes Under 'Current Policy'
Two snowshoers from Kashmir have alleged they have been denied visa to the US due to "current (US) policy".
Representative image (Reuters)
Srinagar: Two snowshoers from Kashmir have alleged they have been denied visa to the US due to "current (US) policy".
"Indian Snowshoers Denied Visas, due to 'current (US) policy'. This from our good friend Abid Khan, from Kashmir, minutes ago in our Facebook Messaging," Clyde Rabideau, Mayor of the Village of Saranac Lake in New York, wrote on his Facebook page.
The snowshoers reportedly denied visas are Abid Khan and Tanveer Hussain. They were supposed to take part in the 2017 World Snowshoe Championships in New York from February 24-25.
According to the conversation posted by Rabideau on his page, Khan informed him about the denial of the visa. "Sorry sir, Visa denied," Khan wrote to the Mayor, a Democrat.
I and my manager were denied visas to USA due to their current policy: Tanveer Hussain(snowshoe athlete from J&K) pic.twitter.com/hxc5Hjtv6v
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 31, 2017
Khan claimed all the paperwork for both the athletes was in order including "local Government sponsorship, federation, your support letter, my financial background. They did not missed (sic) any supporting document."
"The lady officer at US embassy in New Delhi after checking all docs (sic), just went inside into another room. After returning she said 'Sorry, due to our current policy we cant issue you visa'," Khan said.
Rabideau, while promising help with the visa, said "this will not stand".
The athletes could not be contacted for comments.
Recommended For You
- Universe’s Very First Molecular Bond has been Observed in Space for the First Time
- Salman Khan is Middle-Aged Businessman, Alia Bhatt Aspiring Actress in Bhansali's 'Inshallah'
- Driver Cries after Crashing Rs 4 Crore Lamborghini Huracan Performante Supercar – Watch Video
- Norwegian Police Arrest the Night King, Tell GoT Fans That Winter is Not Coming
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: Class 9 Student Ends Life in Nizamabad After Being Scolded For Playing Online Game
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s