Uzbek Woman Assaulted, Raped by Three Men in Gurugram, Dumped in South Delhi
In her complaint, the woman has named a 25-year-old scrap dealer, who along with his two accomplices allegedly gang-raped and assaulted her on August 10.
New Delhi: A 31-year-old woman from Uzbekistan has alleged that she was beaten up and raped by three men inside a car in southwest Delhi's Vasant Kunj area, police said on Monday.
The alleged incident took place on Saturday, they said.
In her complaint, the woman, 31, has named a 25-year-old scrap dealer, who along with his two accomplices allegedly gang-raped and assaulted her on August 10.
Based on the complaint, a case has been registered and the matter is being investigated, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Southwest) Devender Arya said.
The woman said she was taken to a flat in Gurgaon where she was assaulted and thrashed brutally and then the three men took turns to rape her. She was later dumped near her flat in south Delhi
The victim has been living in Delhi for last six months and the prime accused is a resident of Gurugram. Both the prime accused and the victim knew each other, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More