Vadodara Man With Travel History to Sri Lanka Tests Positive for Coronavirus, Gujarat Cases Rise to 8
The man has been kept in isolation ward at the SSG Hospital in Vadodara, which is treating the coronavirus patients.
Representative image (AP)
Ahmedabad: A 52-year-old man with travel history to Sri Lanka tested positive of coronavirus in Gujarat on Saturday, taking the number of such cases in the state to eight, officials said.
The new patient is a resident Vadodara, they said. "A man with travel history to Sri Lanka, tested positive for coronavirus. He was part of a group that had recently travelled to Sri Lanka," Vadodara collector Shalini Agarwal said.
"Another member of the same group, a woman, had tested positive on Friday," she said.
This is the third positive case in Vadodara and eighth in Gujarat, Agarwal added.
"The man has been kept in isolation ward at the SSG Hospital in Vadodara, which is treating the coronavirus patients," she said
Others, who travelled with them, have also been quarantined, she added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- 'A War-Zone': Mumbai Nurse Recalls First Day at Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients
- I Have Been Making 'Dalgona Coffee' Since Childhood: Note from Not-a-Millennial to Instagram Influencers
- PM CARES Relief Fund: Here is How You Can Contribute to Combat The COVID Pandemic
- Kareena Kapoor Shares Taimur's Drawing During Quarantine, Calls Him in-House Picasso
- 'Brooklyn 99' Had 'Predicted' the Crisis Caused by Coronavirus Years Ago