Veteran CPI Leader and Former MP Duti Krushna Panda Dies at Age 97
Duti Krushna Panda died at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar due to old age-related problems. He is survived by three sons and three daughters.
Berhampur: Veteran CPI leader and former Lok Sabha member Duti Krushna Panda died at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar due to old age-related problems on Sunday, family sources said.
He was 97 and was survived by three sons and three daughters.
He was admitted in the hospital for treatment due to his old age ailments some days back, the sources said.
Panda was elected to Lok Sabha from Bhanjanagara Parliamentary Constituency (presently Aska) in 1971. He was also elected to the state assembly from Aska seat in 1990.
He was actively associated with several trade unions and was the founder president of Odisha Anganwardi Workers' Association.
Panda was state secretary and president of CPI and AITUC, respectively. He was also the president of Ganjam district sugar growers' association.
Apart from politics, Panda had authored several books. Panda's mortal remains was brought to his residence at
Aska for cremation. Several leaders paid tribute to him at the CPI office at Bhubaneswar.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nushrat Bharucha Wants to See Ranbir Kapoor in a Towel in Bigg Boss
- Neha Kakkar Gets Emotional After Hearing Indian Idol Contestant's Story
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First