Video Shows Gurugram Teacher Taping Mouths of KG Students to Keep Them From Making Noise in Class
A video of the incident shows teacher putting an adhesive tape across the mouths of two four-year-old students — one boy and one girl.
Image for representation. (File photo: Getty Images)
Gururgram: A woman teacher of a private school in Gurugram was suspended for allegedly putting sellotape across the mouths of two LKG children to keep them quiet during a class, school authorities said on Saturday.
A video of the incident, which took place in October, has been surfaced on social media. In the video, the teacher is purportedly seen putting an adhesive tape across the mouths of two four-year-old students — one boy and one girl — during a class.
Based on a complaint filed by the parents of the two students, the school management immediately suspended the teacher. "On the complaint of students' parents, we had taken strict action and suspended the teacher," said Gururaj, the school principal.
The teacher allegedly claimed she was forced to take action as the students were disturbing the entire class. She added that they sometimes also used filthy langauge.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- After Ramayan and Mahabharat, 5 Iconic DD National Shows that Deserve Re-run
- That 5G iPhone You Were Looking Forward To May Not Come Any Time Soon
- Microsoft Xbox Series X Code Stolen in Cyber Attack on AMD, Reveals Company
- From Ajay Thakur to Jitender Kumar: Indian Athletes on Police Duty Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Supreme Court Allows Sale of 10 Per Cent Unsold BS-IV Stock for 10 Days Post Lockdown