Video Shows Gurugram Teacher Taping Mouths of KG Students to Keep Them From Making Noise in Class
A video of the incident shows teacher putting an adhesive tape across the mouths of two four-year-old students — one boy and one girl.
Image for representation. (File photo: Getty Images)
Gururgram: A woman teacher of a private school in Gurugram was suspended for allegedly putting sellotape across the mouths of two LKG children to keep them quiet during a class, school authorities said on Saturday.
A video of the incident, which took place in October, has been surfaced on social media. In the video, the teacher is purportedly seen putting an adhesive tape across the mouths of two four-year-old students — one boy and one girl — during a class.
Based on a complaint filed by the parents of the two students, the school management immediately suspended the teacher. "On the complaint of students' parents, we had taken strict action and suspended the teacher," said Gururaj, the school principal.
The teacher allegedly claimed she was forced to take action as the students were disturbing the entire class. She added that they sometimes also used filthy langauge.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022