Vijay Mallya Gifted $40 Million to his Children: ED's Dossier
Liquor baron Vijay Mallya, who is wanted in India for defaulting on loans worth Rs 9,000 crore had transferred USD 40 million to his three children through gift settlements.
A file image of ex-chairman of United Spirits Ltd Vijay Mallya, who is now being probed for a loan default case. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: Liquor baron Vijay Mallya, who is wanted in India for defaulting on loans worth Rs 9,000 crore had transferred USD 40 million to his three children through gift settlements.
In an affidavit submitted before the apex court, he stated that the money had been transferred to his three children—Siddharth, Leena and Tanya Mallya — who were US citizens and sole beneficiaries of the three respective trusts of which he had no control in his individual capacity.
Mallya, who has been declared an absconder in India, was arrested by Scotland Yard police and produced before the Westminster Magistrates' Court there and was subsequently granted bail.
To read the full story, click here...
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt on Kalank's Box Office Failure: Didn’t Think We Were Going to be Hit by a Truck
- Smriti Irani Reveals Why She is Jealous of 'Bro' and Fitness Guru Micky Mehta in Insta Post
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- This Airline's All-Women Crew Flew 120 Young Girls to NASA to Promote Gender Equality
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day