Vijay Mallya's Extradition Case: UK Court Defers Hearing to June 13
The hearing on the issue of embattled Indian tycoon Vijay Mallya's extradition from the UK has been deferred to June 13, Britain's Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has said.
File photo of Vijay Mallya
London: The hearing on the issue of embattled Indian tycoon Vijay Mallya's extradition from the UK has been deferred to June 13, Britain's Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has said.
The CPS will be arguing on behalf of the Indian authorities when the fugitive businessman's extradition case comes up for hearing at Westminster Magistrates' Court in London on June 13.
The hearing was earlier scheduled for May 17.
A four-member joint CBI and Enforcement Directorate (ED) team had arrived in London earlier this month.
"Our aim is to build a strong, infallible case and these meetings will help resolve issues across the table. The CPS will be arguing based on documents provided by CBI and ED, therefore a joint team is here to address queries they may have, official sources had said.
He was arrested by Scotland Yard last month on fraud allegations, triggering an official extradition process in the British courts.
He attended a central London police station for his arrest and was released on conditional bail a few hours later after providing a bail bond worth 650,000 pounds, assuring the court of abiding by all conditions associated with extradition proceedings, such as the surrender of his passport and a ban on him possessing any travel documents.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Facebook is Cracking Down on Fake News With Harsher Penalties, Ahead of Crucial Elections in India
- Kangana Ranaut Denies Apologising to Karni Sena, Says They Should Not Play Their Ego Card
- Black Panther Creates History, Becomes First Superhero Film to Get Best Picture Oscar Nomination
- Shahid Kapoor Gets Candid About His Marriage to Mira in New Interview, Admits He is a 'Cradle-snatcher'
- Google to Verify Political Ads in India Ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha Elections
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s