Vijay Mallya's Rs 100-crore 'Beach Villa' Confiscated by ED
A Rs 100-crore beachside farm house in Maharashtra's Alibaug which allegedly belongs to liquor baron Vijay Mallya was confiscated by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with the money laundering probe against him.
File photo Vijay Mallya.
New Delhi: A Rs 100-crore beachside farm house in Maharashtra's Alibaug which allegedly belongs to liquor baron Vijay Mallya was confiscated by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with the money laundering probe against him.
The agency had provisionally attached the property spread in 17 acres in September last year.
"This property belongs to Ms Mandwa Farms Private Limited which was being controlled by Mallya," the agency said in a statement.
An ED team, from its zonal office in Mumbai, on Thursday pasted the possession orders on the farm house, which has an adjoining beach.
While the registered value of the property is Rs 25 crore, the ED said, its market value is over Rs 100 crore. The farm house is in Alibaug in Raigad district of Maharashtra.
It said Ms Mandwa Farms Private Limited had appealed against the ED provisional attachment order before the Appellate Tribunal for PMLA which "dismissed" the application two days back.
"Accordingly, peaceful possession of the subject property (having present market value in excess of Rs 100 crore ) has been taken by the ED today," it said.
The ED is probing Mallya and others under criminal charges of money laundering in the alleged Rs 900 crore IDBI bank default case.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Gionee S11 Lite vs Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: The Best Budget Phone Battle
- Suzuki GSX-S750 First Ride Track Review: Keeping the K5 Engine Rumbling, in Style
- Lionel Messi Scores in EU Court Battle to Trademark Name
- All-New Ford Freestyle Launched in India for Rs 5.09 Lakh
- Sonam Shuts Down Sexism, Asks 'Shahid Ki Shaadi Ho Gayi, Kisine Unse Pucha If He's Going to Work or Not?'