Vikas Swarup Appointed Secretary of Overseas Indian Affairs
Swarup, a 1986-batch officer of the Indian Foreign Service, is at present India's High Commissioner in Ottawa.
File photo of Vikas Swarup.
New Delhi: Senior diplomat Vikas Swarup has been appointed as Secretary, Overseas Indian Affairs, according to an order issued by the Personnel Ministry on Friday.
Swarup, a 1986-batch officer of the Indian Foreign Service, is at present India's High Commissioner in Ottawa. He has been appointed as the Secretary, (consular, passport, visa and Overseas Indian affairs) in the External Affairs Ministry with effect from August 1, 2019, the order said.
Recommended For You
- Surprised Shubman Gill & Ajinkya Rahane are Missing from ODI Squad: Sourav Ganguly
- IIT Madras Students Impress Elon Musk With Their HyperLoop Pod
- Apple Releases iOS 12.4, WatchOS 5.3; Walkie-Talkie App Returns on Apple Watch
- Fact Check: Did the 'Sun Baby' from Teletubbies Just Have a Baby of Her Own?
- OxygenOS 9.0.7 Update for OnePlus 5/5T Brings Fnatic Mode and Screen Recorder