Villagers in Uttarakhand do 'Kanyadan' of Orphan Bride, CM Attends Ceremony
In a heartwarming gesture, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday attended the marriage ceremony of an orphan bride.
Representative Image. (Image: Rueters)
Dehradun: In a heartwarming gesture, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday attended the marriage ceremony of an orphan bride.
The marriage ceremony was itself special as the residents of Bhaniyawala, Deepa's native village, had taken it upon themselves to marry her off in style.
According to a press release issued here, Rawat gave his blessings to the newly-wed couple, Deepa and Babi, and also lauded the villagers' initiative.
"Your act today is an inspiration for our society," Rawat said.
"You have set up an example by conducting this marriage and also given a message that in absence of one's parents, the society acts as his/her guardian," he said.
The chief minister also said these kinds of efforts should be encouraged.
Recommended For You
- Novak Djokovic Eyes Semis After Dismissing Alexander Zverev at ATP Finals
- After MS Dhoni and Mary Kom, Now a Biopic on Bhaichung Bhutia in the Pipeline
- Shah Rukh Khan Defends Thugs of Hindostan Failure, Says People Have Been a Little Too Harsh
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Launched in India for Rs 2.5 Lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 Lakh
- Petta: After 2.0, Watch Rajinikanth Once More in Pongal Release