Villagers in Uttarakhand do 'Kanyadan' of Orphan Bride, CM Attends Ceremony
In a heartwarming gesture, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday attended the marriage ceremony of an orphan bride.
Representative Image. (Reuters)
Dehradun: In a heartwarming gesture, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday attended the marriage ceremony of an orphan bride.
The marriage ceremony was itself special as the residents of Bhaniyawala, Deepa's native village, had taken it upon themselves to marry her off in style.
According to a press release issued here, Rawat gave his blessings to the newly-wed couple, Deepa and Babi, and also lauded the villagers' initiative.
"Your act today is an inspiration for our society," Rawat said.
"You have set up an example by conducting this marriage and also given a message that in absence of one's parents, the society acts as his/her guardian," he said.
The chief minister also said these kinds of efforts should be encouraged.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Kapil Sharma Asks Fan to 'Fact Check' After Being Called Out for Disrespecting Women
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?