Villagers in Uttarakhand do 'Kanyadan' of Orphan Bride, CM Attends Ceremony
In a heartwarming gesture, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday attended the marriage ceremony of an orphan bride.
Representative Image. (Image: Rueters)
Dehradun: In a heartwarming gesture, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday attended the marriage ceremony of an orphan bride.
The marriage ceremony was itself special as the residents of Bhaniyawala, Deepa's native village, had taken it upon themselves to marry her off in style.
According to a press release issued here, Rawat gave his blessings to the newly-wed couple, Deepa and Babi, and also lauded the villagers' initiative.
"Your act today is an inspiration for our society," Rawat said.
"You have set up an example by conducting this marriage and also given a message that in absence of one's parents, the society acts as his/her guardian," he said.
The chief minister also said these kinds of efforts should be encouraged.
Recommended For You
- The 10 Year Challenge on Facebook: Intelligent Algorithms Aside, Are we The Product, Again?
- PUBG Mobile 0.10.5 Update Goes Live: Adds Royale Pass Season 5, MK47 Mutant But no Zombie Mode
- After #10YearChallenge, BJP Throws Open #5YearChallenge to Show 'Modi-Era Progress'
- The Biggest Data Breach of All Time: 773 Million Email Addresses And 21 Million Passwords Exposed
- CBI Raid SAI Headquarters, Director Among 6 Arrested in Corruption Case
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s