Virender Sehwag Supports '10 Hafte 10 Baje 10 Minute' Campaign; Arvind Kejriwal Thanks Him
The former cricketer has appealed to people to join in and support the #10Hafte10Baje10Minute campaign against dengue through a video, by inspecting their houses for a breeding ground for disease-carrying mosquitoes.
New Delhi Former cricketer Virender Sehwag supported the Delhi government's '10 Hafte 10 Baje 10 Minute' campaign against dengue and other mosquito-borne diseases, a statement said on Thursday.
In a tweet, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal thanked Sehwag, saying the youth will join the campaign with more enthusiasm.
According to the statement, the former cricketer has appealed to people to join in and support the #10Hafte10Baje10Minute campaign against dengue through a video, by inspecting their houses for a breeding ground for disease-carrying mosquitoes.
"Through his video appeal, he has also called on to the people of Delhi to become Champions by urging others to join the campaign too.
"The champion campaign envisages that citizens should reach out to 10 of their friends and ask them to check their premises for signs of stagnant water," the government statement stated.
On September 1, Kejriwal had launched the campaign against dengue by inspecting his home for stagnant water to prevent the spread of mosquito-borne diseases.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- ISL 2019-20: Bengaluru FC Begin Title Defence Against NorthEast United at Home
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years