Visakhapatnam: A two-storeyed shopping mall located near Rama theatre here was partially gutted in fire, police said.
No one was injured in the mishap as it occurred in the morning hours when the mall was closed, they said.
Household utensils and electrical goods in Preeti Emporium were gutted in fire that apparently started due to a short circuit, fire inspector M Sanjeeva Rao said.
He said the electrical goods, garments, furniture and other items were gutted.
Fire tenders from Marripalem and Visakhapatnam Port Trust were employed to douse the blaze.