Vistara Aircraft Grounded in Kolkata Due to Engine Issue
The plane is undergoing inspections and rectification process to address the issue, the airline said.
Vistara airlines. (Image: Reuters)
Mumbai: A Vistara aircraft carrying 121 passengers from Chennai was grounded on its arrival at Kolkata on Monday following a mid-air engine problem.
The Airbus A320 plane is undergoing inspections and rectification process to address the issue, the airline said in a statement.
The incident took place at 8.56 am, it said.
"Vistara flight UK 733 operating Chennai-Kolkata today experienced a technical malfunction in the right engine during descent. The pilots carried out the necessary procedures and proceeded to land safely at the Kolkata international airport," the airline said.
There were 121 passengers on board the Airbus A320 plane, it said.
The passengers were informed about the situation by the flight commander, the airline added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- BSNL Rs 777 Broadband Plan Gets You 50 Mbps Speed And 500GB Data
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark