VVIP Chopper Scam: Delhi Court Sends Ratul Puri to Judicial Custody Till October 1
The court also asked the lock up in-charge to ensure security and safety of Ratul Puri while taking him to Tihar jail.
File photo of Ratul Puri. (Image: News18Hindi)
New Delhi: A Delhi court Thursday sent Ratul Puri, nephew of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath, to judicial custody till October 1 in a money laundering case related to the AgustaWestland chopper scam.
Special judge Arvind Kumar also allowed Puri to take medicines long with him to jail subject to the opinion of the jail doctor. The judge also asked the jail superintendent to consider the request of Puri to provide orthopaedic mattress as per prison rules.
The court also asked the lock up in-charge to ensure security and safety of Puri while taking him to Tihar jail.
The money laundering case was lodged following alleged irregularities in purchase of 12 VVIP choppers from Italy-based Finmeccanica's British subsidiary, AgustaWestland.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8, Note 8 Pro Going on Sale Today: Price, Offers, Features and More
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Surgeons Remove 52 Kg Plastic from Ailing Cow's Stomach in Tamil Nadu
- PM Modi Clicks Selfie with SRK and Aamir, Twitter Imagines Akshay Kumar's Reaction