Wanted for Theft, 58-Year-Old Tripura Man Arrested after 41 Years
Bachu Kaul, a tea garden worker, will be produces in a lower court and the police will seek his judicial custody for seven days.
Image for representation.
Agartala: A 58-year-old man in Tripura, wanted for the last 41 years in a case of theft, has finally been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a permanent arrest warrant against Bachu Kaul, a tea garden worker, the police arrested him late Friday from the Mekhlipara tea estate area in western Tripura.
"Bachu would be produced in a lower court and we will seek his judicial custody for at least seven days," a police official said.
He said that Bachu along with his father Mohan Kaul had stolen a goat in 1978 from West Tripura district's Ranir Bazar. His father died 18 years ago.
Both the father-son had been declared absconders. "The price of the goat was Rs 45 in 1978 and the proportional value of that goat at the current market price would be over Rs 3,000," the police official claimed.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Fans Love Shehnaz Gill, Rashami Desai Singing Illegal Weapon, Watch Video
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 119 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Shefali Jariwala, Sidharth Shukla Wins Elite Membership
- Grammys 2020: Nick Jonas Has the Best Response to Fans Pointing Out What Was Stuck in His Teeth
- Want Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web Also? Here's How to Enable it on Chrome, Firefox And Opera
- #RIPMamba: From Trump to Obama, Fans Mourn Basketball Legend Kobe Bryant's Death